Day seven: Tate Modern and the British Library
Today we went to Tate Modern. We got a fairly late start because Linh was not feeling well, but after the medication started taking effect, she was alright. Some of the pieces there were incomprehensible to me, but other's were really neat. The Phanthom Roses painting definately made me look twice. But other stuff was far too abstract. I would look at the art and then read the caption and not understand how they got from the art to the interpretation. How does one become a world renowned modern artist? The way things are judged seems so subjective. A pile of bricks is considered modern art. What if I make a pile of rocks? Can I then sell it to Tate Modern for a large sum of money? There was also a cool display in the basement on the process of architecture. They were showing various objects created in the process of designing a building.
After Tate Modern, we made our way to the British Museum. They have some spectacular examples of calligraphy and illumnation as well as copies of the Magna Carta, some original manuscripts, and orginal musical scores. People I didn't expect to have messy handwriting have really really messy handwriting.
After Tate Modern, we made our way to the British Museum. They have some spectacular examples of calligraphy and illumnation as well as copies of the Magna Carta, some original manuscripts, and orginal musical scores. People I didn't expect to have messy handwriting have really really messy handwriting.
2 Comments:
You are hitting all the right spots. Don't forget shopping.
By the way, I like steaming teabags.
Post a Comment
<< Home