Thursday, January 26, 2006

A soup of many colors

I am having vegetable soup right now. It's a good vegetable soup with many things in it. Very sweet. There are carrots, daikons, nappa, white mushrooms, shitake mushrooms, chicken bouillion, pork (bit of an identity crisis there, I know, but I forgot about one and added the other), and last of all.....bugs. Oh horror of horrors! I don't know where they came from, but there they were floating around. And I had washed all the vegetables too. Anyhow, I fished them out, boiled it (vigorously, extremeley vigorously) again, and now hopefully the soup is suitable for consumption, especially since I'm consuming it. The soup really does taste good. Misa thinks it tastes good too. Maybe bugs are a secret ingredient.

Moving on to other things, I'm taking biochem and molecular biology lab, biophysical chem, language and power, and algorithms and intractable problems this semester. So far, so good. There are people I'm going to do problem sets with in biophys chem and algorithms, and I'm very happy about that. Especially for algorithms. If I can't get it, I'm sure one of them will. They're really smart.

Quote of the day: Jessie's exasperated, "Guys!" followed by a muttered, "Or whatever he is."

The best chococlate cookie in (my) world (currently): chocolate volcano cookies at Pie in the Sky. It's on Center practically across the street from the BART station if you're in Berkeley. Pie in the Sky does such wonderful food. They have pizza, foccacia sandwiches, salads, ice cream/coffee desserts, tartlets, cookies, and assorted sweets. And they do everything well.

Speaking of sweets, we had another dessert night. Mike Kurylo gave me lemons, so I made lemon meringue pie. Connie brought a beautifully layered trifle, and Ed made flan. Dessert nights seem not quite right without Adrian. He said the most interesting things. Too bad he didn't stay another semester. Oh, and we're missing a dishwasher too. He's the only one who is too polite to leave without washing some dishes.

It really feels like a Friday today. I think its because I've finished my most pressing homework for the week. I feel like I can relax, study at a leisurely pace, make food, write long, winding blog entries...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home