Sunday, September 10, 2006

Another quote:

Robert Fulghum: "One of life's best coping mechanisms is to know the difference between an inconvenience and a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire-then you have a problem. Everything else is an inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy. A lump in the oatmeal, a lump in the throat and a lump in the breast are not the same kind of lump. One needs to learn the difference."

I saw it in Friday's Daily Cal in an opinion piece. It really puts things in perspective.

I was telling Ian that I didn't have enough to do and was looking for some sort of weekend job or volunteer position. He told me that I could get $100,000 for donating eggs. Erp? I'm sort of confused...
On the upside, he lent me a spare bike, and it's going to be wonderful! I can go grocery shopping so much more easily and get to places I don't usually get to outside of the stuff walkable from Berkeley. Yesterday I went biking up to Grizzly Peak. Maybe next weekend I'll go to the Marina.

2 Comments:

Blogger Edith Han said...

aye... that quote in the Daily Cal caught my attention too.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Dmonster said...

Viv, you should blog again. Your entries are really fun to read. (I had to Google "teabaggy" to find you because you took your link off of facebook. hahahaha- Don't ask me how I remember "teabaggy." It must be because you love tea so much.)

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home